Thursday 11 October 2012

The Final 48

I still remember the final 48 hours before I left Toronto on this crazy adventure!  I tried very hard to take mental pictures of significant moments over the past 12 weeks because I knew that no matter how slow time seemed to move at times, that come my departure date it would all be a blur.  My mental pictures have been erased by a lack of memory BUT I did take over 1500 real pictures.  That should help. 

Today is Thursday.  Yesterday I presented at the Divisional Delegation of Sport and Physical Education for the Fako Division at their annual seminar for Physical Education teachers.  They asked me to present on using sport to send a message and  for social development.  It went very well!  I got a long list of interested parties that asked me to email them once I get back to Toronto with research, documents, activity ideas and any other useful resource!  I was so happy to see that so many were touched by the notion of using sport for development.  It was a very nice way to spend my last week here!  I was a little nervous but all went well! 

Now that I am looking ahead at my final 48 hours in Limbe I don't know whether to look ahead or backwards at what I have to look foward to or what I have accomplished!  I am confused.  I am happy to be moving on, but sad to be leaving.  I am excited for what lies ahead but nervous for my future endeavours.  I have learned so much and now I need to apply it. 

So much to do.  So many people to say goodbye to.  So many friends to thank and family members to hug.  So many facial hairs to trim.  These next couple of days will be very busy!  I should probably pack. 

Much love to all and once again thank you to everyone for your continued support. 

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment